Tuesday, February 1, 2011

magazines, my link to the outside world

I LOVE reading magazines. I don't know what it is about them, I just love them. I feel like they are my connection to the "outside world"....as in the world that I don't participate in as often as I used to pre-children. I used to live in a big city and was so connected to style and design and all that stuff that doesn't really matter, but for some reason I still love tuning into it in the form of a magazine. I don't even read that many magazines (2 or 3 in a good month) but the ones I do read have so much information that I love to hang on to.




This morning I was reading while the boys ate their breakfast and there was a wonderful article on keeping yourself motivated to be organized/lose weight/keep the house clean/(insert a goal you have here). Here are some links that I'd encourage you to check out:

www.HabitChanger.com
This website offers 42-day programs for weight loss, stress management and more. They charge a fee of $20-$40 for the services offered.

www.stickk.com
All those things on your to-do list that don't get done? This website will charge you cold hard CASH if you fail. You get to set the amount and the best part? It's FREE to sign up!

www.HabitForge.com
It's a fact, the first few weeks of forming a habit are the toughest. For 21 days this site will send you a daily email remainder and will ask you to report on how you did the previous day. When you falter, it rolls the counter back to zero (sounds harsh! no more sneaking soda for me!) By the time you have done something for 21 days in a row, it's a habit and you're done! And once again, FREE!


Like I said, reading magazines is a blast. Not only do I learn new things, there are always pretty pictures to go along with the articles, SCORE!

1 comment:

I love your comments, they make me happy. I always reply to your awesomeness in the comment section, so check back!