Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: Haircuts!

Today is Thursday. Today is the day that I am home with my two beautiful sons all day, with nothing scheduled outside the house and no money being spent. So today, in-between the frequent trips outside to make a huge mess of the backyard and the intermittent dance parties inside, my 2.5 year old decided it was time for a haircut.

Yes, he loves to get his haircut. He has been asking me about it for weeks now. I know, he's awesome.

So, tonight, after dinner and a bath, I cut off his cute little blonde curls (don't worry, they grow back!). I also took a good chunk out of my knuckle during one of the many "ok buddy, hold still please" (I said he liked getting his hair cut, not that he's necessarily good at sitting still the whole time...)

Now before you get too impressed with the fact that I cut my own children's hair (and the hubby's too) let it be known I am a licensed cosmetologist. I went to a Paul Mitchell School and later taught at a Paul Mitchell school, but now that I've got these cute little ones running around, I try to find other ways to bring in money instead of cutting hair all day....

Ok, that's how I saved some money today, on this Thrifty Thursday. Tomorrow is Friday, and we've got big plans, so forgive me if I am unaccounted for....but you can rest easy knowing I'll be thinking about blogging :)

Oh, and I'd like to leave you with a completely random fact: The word "lethologica" describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.

This happens to me every day. I doubt I'll be able to remember the word "lethologica"
either......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, they make me happy. I always reply to your awesomeness in the comment section, so check back!