Saturday, February 12, 2011

The weekend of love....yourself


It's early on a Saturday morning. If I had it my way, I'd still be sleeping, but being a mother of little ones....I don't have it it my way :)





This morning I've been thinking a lot about food, and not so much how great and yummy it is, but how much I eat and what I'm putting in my mouth and how it sustains my body (or how it doesn't). Did you know in 2010 adults drank an average of 53 gallons of soda and ate 24 pounds of ice cream, 23 pounds of pizza, and 29 pounds of french fries???? That's a whole heck of a lot of junk (and I know I definitely contributed to that statistic!)

I read this super amazing book awhile back that taught me so much about myself and how I see food and use food and how important I really am, regardless of food. I would definitely recommend it to everyone. There's so many great quotes in it that I have written down at one point or another, but this is one of my favorites:

"We crash around in our bodies, let them lift us, hold our children for us, walk for us, without ever taking time to actually live in them" (or love them).


So, in honor of Valentine's day, I am going to love myself enough to start paying attention to what is going in my mouth and how I am using that to sustain my body. Join me?

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm teaching at Church tomorrow and will be posting my lesson at some point during the day.

Remember, it's Valentine's weekend, Love yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, they make me happy. I always reply to your awesomeness in the comment section, so check back!