Friday, May 13, 2011

Happiness...a choice

It's been a long week. With unexpected car break downs, overbearing mothers of piano students, pottie training, dried snot on all of my clothes (from my boys...........not me.......ok, maybe some of it is from me) I'm kind of pooped (sorry, pooped is all I can come up with, we're pottie training here people).

Today while talking to Elliot (my almost 3 year old) for the millioneth time about how it is not nice to hit/kick/pull brother I asked him if we could all just be happy and he said "No Mommy, I don't WANT to be happy." And I had this realization.....

It's a choice.
We have a choice.
A very very very important choice.
Do we choose to be happy? Or do we choose to be unhappy?

In this instance, Elliot chose to be unhappy. Unhappy that he was getting talked to for the millioneth time about doing something that he wasn't supposed to be doing. But alas, he cheered up a mere 2 minutes later and proceeded to run laps around the house with the dog and his little brother happily following along.

So, with all of the drama and stress and sickness etc etc etc that has been running through my life this past week I have a choice as well. I don't think I've been choosing wisely though, I think it took my little sweet man Elliot to point out to me that I have a choice.

I'm gonna choose differently. Starting now =)   (See, a smiley face, that's happy!)

Thanks for reading, sorry I've been MIA a lot this week.........tomorrow is Silly Saturday though, that's always something to smile about!


2 comments:

  1. pitterpatterchildrenMay 13, 2011 at 8:46 PM

     I so know that feeling, and you are completely right.  We each have that choice to make.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we all know the right answer, but making that choice isn't always easy that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make me happy. I always reply to your awesomeness in the comment section, so check back!