Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rylee Hannah Smith, an inspiring little lady

One of my dear dear friends, Megan Boyack Smith, passed away last November, 5 months after giving birth to her first child. She had a healthy pregnancy, everything was going as planned.  She contracted cancer at some point between her routine blood work (2 weeks before delivery) and during labor. It was all rather strange and horrible. It seemed she was supposed to have that baby girl at that time in order for the cancer to be caught when it was. After a very valiant and brave fight, Meg passed away. And she left behind a beautiful, happy, shiny little girl named Rylee Hannah Smith.


I've met Rylee only once, when she traveled to my hometown for her Mother's memorial service. When that baby girl entered the room in her Father's arms, everyone stopped. The room became so full of such a special and sweet calm. It was such a wonderful experience, I will never forget it. Seeing Rylee was like seeing my dear friend Megan in a smaller body. So special. She has the sweetest disposition, the sweetest spirit.

I can't really explain why, but Rylee is such an inspiration to me. She is the epitome of moving forward, of not giving up, of happiness, of joy, of perseverance. She has one of the most perfect women in the world for a Mother and yet she will only see her in pictures. When I think of Rylee, I think of all the special things she stands for. She is seriously the poster child for hope. Seeing Rylee, I can't help but know that we all have a reason for being here, we all have a reason for being who we are, we all have a reason for being where we are.
Rylee, you are amazing.
Thank you for the light you shine in this world.

Mama’s Losin’ It
2.) Write about a child you find inspiring.

10 comments:

  1. thanks darlin . . . July is a tough month for us this year . . . . .i am so looking forward to rylee growing up over the years and having the opportunity to share as much  about her mom as i possibly can . . . .children bring us so much hope for the future  . . love you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Em, this is beautiful!  I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story broke my heart, but little Rylee is definitely an inspiration.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing both of them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very welcome, thank YOU for stopping by =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, it is heartbreaking and inspiring all at the same time. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you too Pam. You are so so blessed to have Rylee (but you already knew that).

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make me happy. I always reply to your awesomeness in the comment section, so check back!