Monday, July 4, 2011

Savor and Share week 3: Sisters!!!

Last week was about savoring and sharing the everyday moments we share with girlfriends. The week before that it was about savoring and sharing the everyday moments we share with our family. This week? Savoring and sharing the everyday moments we share with sisters!!! This is pretty awesome for me, seeing as how I have 3 sisters (no brothers!).

I am the second oldest. We are all 21 months apart from each other and have spent a lifetime laughing at the most ridiculous things, scaring our wonderful mother by putting anything closely resembling a snake in her bed, arguing over who gets to sit in the front seat and giving each other much needed words of advice (though not always asked for, we always gave it).
Circa 1989, Left to Right: Katie, Ali, Me, Leslie and Dad
I am so lucky to have all of my sisters within 1.5 hours of me and we visit frequently. They are so special to me, my best friends. I can't imagine my life without a single one of them! This week I am most definitely going to put forth the extra effort to appreciate the little things, the smaller moments.

What about you? Do you have a sister or sisters?
Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Yes, sisters are wonderful, and, as you know Em, I have 3 myself.   I am so grateful for them and very grateful for my girls who I cherish and love so much!  Watching the 4 of you play together, laugh together, cry together, etc., etc. make for a very special bond.  I am extremely blessed to be yours and their Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my sister lived closer so we could have the togetherness you all have!!  I love it that you are all such good friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so blessed to have them close. My sister moved to Utah in 2007 and we only get to see her about 2 days per year. We've had a difficult relationship for the past 4 years which came on totally out of the blue. I miss her. You are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a coincidence--I am also the second oldest of 4 girls (no boys) and 20 months younger than my older sis (the other 2 are more spread out). But we're not as close as you all sound.

    Visiting from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make me happy. I always reply to your awesomeness in the comment section, so check back!