Saturday, March 17, 2012

Switchin' it up!

So, we've had the same gross ceiling fans in our house since we moved in 2.5 years ago. They are the same ones that were put in when the house was built in 1993. They're gross. Just gross. Old "oak" blades with 4 weird arms coming out of the center with really outdated and gross light fixtures attached {I wonder how many times I can use the word "gross" in this post?}

Anyway....a while back I was reading an article in Better Homes and Gardens about how you shouldn't have ceiling fans with light fixtures attached and I've been daydreaming about replacing our gross ones ever since.

Cause if a designer from Better Homes and Gardens Magazine says it, it's the law people. The law.

Well....we finally replaced them this week! Like a genius, I forgot to take a before picture until the hubs was already in the process of dismantling the old gross one, so you'll have to trust me on the grossness:
Before.....kind of.....


After!

I LOVE it! It give the room a completely different feel, for reals. 

Alright, I need to go eat some corned beef and cabbage now. Have a great weekend!!!






2 comments:

  1. And it do look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to get rid of your gross ceiling fans. :) The new one is beautiful!  I totally love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make me happy. I always reply to your awesomeness in the comment section, so check back!